Nashville’s Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) fosters an effective delivery of services in response to Davidson County communities affected by disaster.
Nashville VOAD’s goal is to provide knowledge and resources throughout the disaster cycle—preparation, mitigation, response, and recovery—to help disaster survivors in Davidson County communities.
NEWS + UPDATES
- Nashville VOAD organizing targeted canvass of neighborhoods affected by March flood
- VOAD de Nashville organizando una consulta de desastre de vecindarios afectados por la inundación de marzo.
- Respuestas de FEMA: Preguntas y respuestas sobre el proceso de apelación
- FEMA Answers: Appeals Process Q&A
- Miembros de Nashville VOAD Asociados para el Evento Comunitario de Difusión para los Sobrevivientes de las Inundaciones en Plaza Mariachi el 22 de julio
- VOAD Partners Collaborate for Community Outreach Event for Flood Survivors at Plaza Mariachi on July 22
- Los administradores de casos de desastres locales ofrecen ayuda personalizada gratuita el 1 de julio en Plaza Mariachi.
- Local disaster case managers offer free, one-on-one help, July 1 at Plaza Mariachi
- Why Register with FEMA If You’re Insured
NASHVILLE VOAD’S CORE VALUES
No single member organization has all the answers for the challenges communities face. All work is accomplished through coordination, partnership, and respect. The Nashville VOAD recognizes and works to understand the unique lens through which members view their neighborhoods and/or communities.
Members will maintain coordination through open and purposeful dialogue. Member organizations will regularly share their capacities, accomplishments, and commitments. Nashville VOAD maintains good channels for sharing information, listening carefully to each other, and dealing openly with credible concerns.
Nashville VOAD members commit to working together and not competitively toward the goal of effective service to the community. Members seek to match services to need. Through planning and preparation, this VOAD equips member organizations to “do their thing” while maintaining coordination with the group(s).
VOAD members dedicate themselves to working together to undertake specific projects and achieve specific goals during each phase of disaster preparedness, response, and recovery.